Thursday, July 24, 2008

Les Mis, St Paul's

Yesterday was another long day. After class, I practiced the piano for an hour, then went to Chancery Lane to see Temple Church and the Inns of Court. I saw the Old Bailey, but was too late to get in to view a trial in progress. I also saw St. Bride's Church and Fleet Street. Then I attended Choral Evensong at St Paul's Cathedral. This hardly needs saying, but now St Paul's is definitely the biggest cathedral I have been in. I sat in the quire, next to a quire boy. As you probably can imagine, the acoustics were beautiful. It was an amazing experience. (Sorry I don't have any pictures of the inside; photography is not allowed.)

After Evensong, I walked by Bow Church and heard the bells ring. (It is said one is a true Cockney if they are born within the sound of the Bow Bells.) Then I went to Queen's Theatre to get a student rush ticket for Les Miserables. I quickly grabbed a sandwich for dinner, then made it back to the theatre in time for the show. In my opinion, Eponine stole the show. I am happy I was able to see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments feed my blog. I hungry.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...