Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Museum of Anatomy and Pathology


Yesterday after class I visited the Hunterian Museum at the Royal College of Surgeons. I wish I could have taken pictures to show you how impressive it was. The crystal gallery was a two-story room with over 3,000 prepared items on display. Other parts of the museum housed skeletons, surgical instruments, and art. After a couple of hours at the Hunterian, I visited the Wellcome Museum of Anatomy and Pathology. To be admitted to the museum, I had to show my student ID and transcript to prove that I am a nursing student. Admittance to the museum is reserved for fellows and members of the Royal College, and nursing and med students. Although the sheer number of items on display at the Hunterian was more impressive, my visit to the Museum of Anatomy and Pathology was far more educational. A case study was available to read with each item displayed. I have studied most of the conditions I saw, but it was so much more impacting to see physical evidence of it (and not in the form of text book photos).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments feed my blog. I hungry.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...