Sunday, November 16, 2008

Des petites madeleines


I ambitiously decided to make des Petites Madeleines the other day. I used to eat them when I lived in France. These delectable little cakes were popularized by Proust's A la Recherche du Temps Perdu. They are meant to be dipped in coffee, but I like to dip them in hot chocolate. To make the characteristic shell shape, I use silicone baking molds which I bought on Amazon.com.


Here is the recipe I use:
Set oven to 350 degrees.
4 eggs 4 ouefs
2 1/3 Cups flour 2 1/3 tasses du farine
1 1/2 Cups sugar 1 1/2 tasses du sucre
1 1/4 Cups butter 1 1/4 tasses du beurre
1/2 tsp vanilla 1/2 cuilleree a cafe de la vanille
1 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cuilleree a soup du jus de citron

Mix all the ingredients and pour into madeleines pan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Melanger tous les ingredients, beurrer les moules a madeleines et mettre au four pendant 10 a 12 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. hey amy! I need your email! Our group is going to meet tomorrow at noon. I hope that works for you and I hope you get this.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments feed my blog. I hungry.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...