Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Endorphins?

Have you ever heard of the “runner’s high?” It is an abstract concept, which I have never experienced myself. In fact, I have pretty much given up hope that I will ever experience something like a “high” after any clumsy or ridiculous activity which makes me perspire. The only reason I exercise is to keep my spare tire from upgrading to a blimp. Actually, I do have really great ankles and calves. However, a discussion on my ankles is irrelevant at this time.

Back to motivation to exercise. It is amazing how much online TV and stickers can get me to break down and exercise. Being slightly neurotic and OCD, I like to have my calendar look balanced as far as stickers go. Every time I exercise, I get to put a sticker on my calendar. Maybe I should not be divulging this information, as it sounds very similar to potty training.

Can you count the satisfaction which comes my OCD-type neuroses as a “high?” If so, maybe I do receive a small high from exercising. Just don’t get too excited; this still does not mean I love the clumsy-perspiring combo.

2 comments:

  1. I guess you get a high FROM exercising instead of WHILE exercising. :) That works too! Whatever keeps you going, right? I've just recently discovered that runner's high, and I've gotta say it is well worth working for. For me it's just the feeling of "Ohmygosh I'm gonna make it to mile 7!" or something like that.

    What's your exercise of choice right now?

    Go Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amos, Amos: I love you, and you do not have a spare tire.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments feed my blog. I hungry.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...