Monday, July 20, 2009

I will survive day

Today is July 20th. Two years ago today I was seriously injured as a passenger in an auto accident involving a negligent semi driver. Last year I decided that instead of feeling sad about all the consequences of the accident, I would celebrate that I had overcome so much. I went to Wagamama’s for dinner with some of my dear friends. We stopped for gelato on the walk home and watched a movie in our flat.

This year I was planning on celebrating by seeing the new Harry Potter film. Instead, I spent my energy having my head strapped to a table while listening to sirens and hammering while trying not to move or panic with claustrophobia. (For you novices, I am describing an MRI.) Since that experience ended, I have been hooked up to RollerBob.

I would like to make an announcement to the planet: I may have been tied up on my “I will survive” day, but that will not stop me from celebrating. Wait for me, Harry! I am coming!

2 comments:

  1. You can do it, girl! You are so strong. You're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you Amy and remember fondly your "Survive" day. I can't believe it's been a whole year. It feels like just yesterday but a million years ago at the same time. I miss walking past Hyde Park or running to catch the tube at Gloucester station. I miss that city so much it hurts sometimes. OH and i totally forgot to tell you that one of the boys we went to dinner with in London came in Best Buy today...it was slightly awkward...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments feed my blog. I hungry.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...