Monday, August 31, 2009

Emerald discovery

25 August 2009 (21)
25 August 2009 (7)I discovered a beautiful creek, turned emerald by the shadows of the abundant trees lining its banks. I could not resist taking off my shoes and wading through the peaceful, cool water. All at once, it was as if I was nine years old again, delighting in the creatures and rocks. I caught a little swimming creature, then let it go. I remembered “fishing” with my grandpa and sisters using sticks and pushing around mud. I found “fossils” and frogs. For an hour, no problems could reach me.
I need to go back.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it wonderful how nature can take away all of our cares if only for a little while?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments feed my blog. I hungry.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...