Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Birds the second


Christmas Miracle No. 1
Sunday, December 20th. I was getting ready to attend church. I was looking forward to that day's services because it was the Christmas program. The choir is good - as in they sing Handel's Hallelujah Chorus. This was not one to miss.

I happened to be nauseated, which is fairly typical. Then, like a 2 x 4 to the head, I hit the Point of No Return. For those of you who are not connoisseurs of nausea and vomiting, let me explain. The Point of No Return is the transition from nausea to inevitably-going-to-vomit. It is just something you know, and you pray for it to be over sooner than later.

So there I was, leaning over the toilet, ticked off that I would miss Christmas services. Mouth watering out-of-control, abdomen starting the beginnings of heaves, I pray "please no, please no." For some reason, despite my heathen ways, the Lord answered my prayer. I had reached the Point of No Return, yet I didn't puke. I was able to attend services and I considered this a Christmas miracle.

1 comment:

  1. One time the Ward choir in Manitowoc, Wisconsin, tried to sing the Hallelujah Chorus. 4 weeks and 8 bars later, we swallowed our pride and sang Silent Night - badly.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments feed my blog. I hungry.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...