Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Quirky dog

You may think she's cute. Or maybe you just aren't into small, white, cuddly dogs who assume everyone is their friend and wants to let you know it. Either way, she has a strange quirk. Snuggles does not like it when I giggle or cry in bed. At first sound, she'll try to dig her way under the pillows. One more peep from me, and its under the bed for her. In both cases, I try to reassure her that she's okay, but she still hides under the bed.

Lately I've been scaring her away more than usual. I can't help it! First there was A Girl Named Zippy, and now there is She Got Up Off the Couch (and other heroic acts from Mooreland, Indiana). I like to read just before I fall asleep, and my current reading makes me giggle out loud. I can't help but chuckle at Haven Kimmel's poignant candor and humor. I guess Snuggles just doesn't understand.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I occasionally cry myself to sleep. Maybe I could stop this habit, but I am learning it sometimes helps to just cry. What do you think Snuggles does? She bails. Under the bed she clandestinely crawls. No moral support from Pup Dog.

2 comments:

  1. I am definitley into small, white, cuddly dogs who assume everyone is their friend and wants to let you know it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments feed my blog. I hungry.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...