Saturday, April 3, 2010

Ryan and I are engaged!


It is true! Ryan proposed on Friday, March 26, 2010. For the past week, I have been trying to personally contact my family and friends with the good news. Now I give up. I am sorry if you are offended to find out by checking Google Reader. 

I feel very blessed to have Ryan in my life. He is an amazing person and is so wonderful to me.  Even though I was unaware at the time, the Lord has been preparing the way for Ryan and I to be together. Even one year ago when we started hanging out, I had no idea of the wonderful things the Lord had in store for us.

Now, for the juicy details:
Last Friday night, Ryan told me to dress up for our date, but wouldn't tell me what we were doing or where we were going. He took me to The Roof restaurant, where he had reservations. We enjoyed a fabulous meal together.

After dinner, instead of returning to the car, we walked to the Temple Square gates, where a carriage was waiting for us. By then, the snow had stopped falling. Although it was cold, the night was clear and beautiful. We rode around the temple grounds and up by Memory Grove.

After the carriage ride, Ryan and I walked in front of the temple. Before I knew it, he was down on one knee with an eager grin on his face. The entire evening was perfect and wonderful.

We returned to my parents' house, where we shared the news with family, including my sister Julie who was (conveniently) in town for the weekend.

The ring is absolutely gorgeous: a narrow band with pave on three sides and a round solitaire in a six-prong setting. I sometimes feel like a snob wearing it. I love it!

We are getting married on July Seventeenth in the Bountiful Temple. More details to follow.

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! Congratulations. So excited for you! These pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Amy! What exciting news!!! You two look like an excellent couple. A July wedding will be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you. Your ring is beautiful. July will come so fast and you will be so busy. Have fun with all the wedding plans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Amy! I am so happy for you and Ryan. Fantastic! PS I'm getting married the day before in the same temple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL especially with that HUGE ROCK on your finger. It's gorgeous! I am so happy for you and you two look great together! yay for weddings :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so ecstatic right now!!! He looks so great, which is perfect, because you deserve it. Umm, also, July is a great month to get married. I love you and am so happy for you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Amy!! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your engagement! Thanks for writing about The Roof Restaurant and Temple Square - we're glad we could be included in your engagement story :)

    Did you know that Temple Square Hospitality has recently launched our new blogs? We invite you to check out any or all of them:

    Visit Temple Square Blog: http://templesquarehospitality.com/blogs/tourism

    Weddings at Temple Square Blog:
    http://templesquarehospitality.com/blogs/weddings

    Dining at Temple Square Blog:
    http://templesquarehospitality.com/blogs/dining

    We have just started posting content for them, but we would love guest submissions! If you are interested, e-mail me a few pictures of you and your fiance and include 1-2 paragraphs of your engagement story. We would love to post about your experience! My e-mail is jbarnes@tshc.biz. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! You make an adorable couple!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments feed my blog. I hungry.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...