Thursday, May 27, 2010

Surgery went well


My surgery went well. My wonderful Ryan was at my side until they took me away. He spent all morning rubbing my feet and my back. I am so lucky to have him! My mom and dad were also there to support me.

My feeding tube became dislodged during surgery, so they pulled it and didn't replace it. The transition to eating has been very difficult, but it is getting better every day. I had to be put on daily IV fluids, though, so RollerBob is still a part of my life. Yesterday I had to have my PICC line pulled and  a new one put in because of bleeding and infection. Ryan liked watching! He is getting to be very good with blood and guts, etc.

As far as pain control goes, the surgery was very successful. I am off my morphine drip and pain pump (withdrawals were hellish). I am so grateful my pain is under control for now! The surgeon was also able to get a good look at my pancreas; the entire organ is damaged from chronic pancreatitis.

I know the success of the surgery was a miracle. Thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU for all your prayers, love and support!

Ryan and I have decided to postpone our wedding so I have a little more time to regain health and strength. We will let you know when a new date is firmly set.

3 comments:

  1. i didn't even know that you were having surgery! you look great pre-op :) and so glad you found someone to stand by you through everything! can't wait to hear the new date, there is no way i'm missing that wedding/reception!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Amy! I can't wait to make it back up to visit! And I REALLY can't wait for your wedding whenever it is, we'll be there, except i am putting a stop on anytim e between August 23rd - August 31st. Just making things more complicated i know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you are on the upswing!! We wish you the best and look forward to that wedding day!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments feed my blog. I hungry.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...