Saturday, October 30, 2010

Eloquent pain

I found a new book to read: The Body Broken by Lynne Greenberg. On the evening I brought it home from the library, I read the first 70 pages. I am really enjoying the author's stark depiction of chronic pain. She, too, has chronic pain as a result of a car accident in which she was a passenger. While I love being able to have someone to whom I can relate, it can be emotionally difficult at times. I find myself conversing with the author in my head. I tell Lynne, I felt this way, too, when such-and-such happened, and I had a doctor who treated me the same way during one of my hospitalizations. I tell her about my life post-accident. It is not easy to open up to myself about the really tough issues, but afterward I sometimes feel better knowing someone else has felt what I have felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments feed my blog. I hungry.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...