Friday, November 26, 2010

Update

Two weekends ago, I had to make another visit to the H-Place. I had an adverse reaction to some new medication for my pancreas. I was basically not conscious and my breathing slowed down to the point that my lips were blue. It was really scary. Despite my frightening symptoms, I was still insistent that we not call 911. (Too expensive, I thought.) However, the paramedics were called; it was a good thing!

I ended up staying overnight at the hospital. We obviously had to make changes with my medications. Either the change in meds or the rough weekend caused my pancreatitis to worsen. I was very ill for about a week. Now I am doing a little better (depending on the day). 

During the week after my hospital stay, I really struggled emotionally. I cried a lot (which is unusual for me), and was really down. I am not ready to die, especially in such a traumatic way! I really had to fight to get through my emotional struggle, and I've improved since then. Things are different now, though, because I was fiercely reminded of how fragile life is for me.  

This Thanksgiving, I am especially thankful for the time I get to spend with my sweet husband, Ryan. I am grateful for the time I get to spend with my family. It is so nice when we can all get together!

Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for my friends and you, dear reader. Enjoy your holiday weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Amy, I'm so sorry! I can't imagine going through all of this. I will keep you in my prayers!! Call me anytime you get down. I will call you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey cute girl. I am so sorry things were so rough for you lately. I think about you often. Glad to hear things are better. Happy thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy dear, I'm sorry to hear your story, but also happy to hear that you are hopefully on the mend. I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments feed my blog. I hungry.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...