Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hiccup!

Hiccup! I have been hiccuping for 28 hours. Well, actually I have had a few breaks. Once in a while they will just stop for no apparent reason. About fifteen to twenty minutes later, they will start again.

I think they are related to a flare-up of pancreatitis, which started Sunday. When a pancreas is inflamed, it can irritate the diaphragm, causing hiccups. Or maybe I have hyponatremia, since I have been getting dehydrated. I often have hyponatremia when I am dehydrated.

I had some labs drawn today, so maybe tomorrow will provide some insight.

I have tried various Old Wives Tale techniques to rid myself of the annoyance. What ridiculous things have you tried to get rid of hiccups?

On the topic of hiccups, How to Train Your Dragon is one of Ryan's and my favorite movies to watch together. The main character is named Hiccup. We just reserved the book at the public library. Can't wait to read the first book with Ryan!

Photo from Amazon.

Picture from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments feed my blog. I hungry.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...