Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mother hen

Today was a big day for me and my pet chicken: Buffy is competing in the state fancy poultry association's annual spring show. This is my first time to show an animal in any kind of competition. Last night I gave Buffy a bath with baby shampoo. (Note for the future: always keep one hand on a sopping wet chicken. Otherwise, she'll flap water all over me and the bathroom.) After using a hair dryer to get Buffy dry, I gave her a birdie pedicure and rubbed baby oil into her comb to make it look red and shiny.

Buffy spent the night inside and today I took her to the fairgrounds where the show is being held. I had a hard time getting ready to take her down because I was nervous. I hope she is okay all by herself for the next two days! (Secretly, I am also nervous because I want the judges to like her.)

Judging begins tomorrow at 9:00 a.m. The show is open to the public all day Friday and Saturday. Admission is free. If you are interested in checking out hundreds of chickens and ducks in all shapes, sizes and colors, let me know and I will send you more information about the show.

Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments feed my blog. I hungry.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...