Saturday, May 21, 2011

Fabric

My mom has a saying: "Buying fabric and making quilts are two different hobbies."

Of the two hobbies, I tend to stick to buying fabric, although I have been making progress on actually finishing some quilts. My mom taught a four-part quilting class and besides getting re-enthused about tacking quilts, I also learned some tricks of the trade which will help prevent frustration during my sewing efforts. I also gained more confidence with the half-square triangle and I have plenty of ideas swirling around in my brain about quilts involving half-square triangles.
I have lots of ideas, but never enough energy. Trust me when I say that is better than having a paucity of creativity.

Today I was browsing Cluck. Cluck. Sew, where I was inspired by this darling elephant quilt:

From Cluck. Cluck. Sew, I wandered over to Pink Chalk Fabrics, where I found some cute fabrics on sale:
Designer: Carolyn Gavin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments feed my blog. I hungry.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...