Sunday, October 23, 2011

Applesauce & nerve block

This picture is from this website, which has lots of info and tips on making applesauce.

My mom and I made 20 pints of applesauce on Friday. We added plenty of cinnamon and it turned out to be amazing. Tomorrow we will tackle another bushel.

On Friday, October 14th, I had another Celiac Plexus nerve block for my ongoing pancreatitis. After the procedure I was in so much pain that I could not sleep for 30 hours. I was close to either a tantrum or a nervous breakdown. Luckily, I was able to get a few hours sleep at a time over the next few days, but I am still not back to a great sleep schedule. Furthermore, my pain is not yet managed like I would want it to be. I go through some crazy things to try to get my health back.

My previous nerve blocks have been done endoscopically (they go through my stomach to get to my pancreas) but this time, the doctors went through my back. Both methods have drawbacks. 

This illustration shows how doctors use long needles to get to the celiac plexus.

This is not me and I do not have a bile duct stent. But this CT shows the needles in place for the nerve block.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, those are some serious needles. You're brave! I so wish you didn't have to go through all of this - love you, dear!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments feed my blog. I hungry.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...