Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A country Christmas


Ryan and I went to the Virginian countryside for Christmas with C. & J. and their family at C's parent's home. C. calls the area "the backwoods."

Our hosts were extremely gracious and went out of their way to make Ryan and I feel like family. We played games, ate food, watched movies, lounged and opened presents. The boys played football and went shooting.

Homemade pumpkin and apple crumble pie.

During a game of Quelf, Ryan had to sit on his hands, avoid eye contact and wear a self-made snorkel. I won. I also won the game of Catan. But who's keeping track?


The Christmas tree with lots of presents underneath.

Pumpkin bread

The table set for Christmas dinner

Thank you to our wonderful hosts who invited us into their home for a very merry Christmas!


1 comment:

  1. You won a game of Catan?? Does this mean you'll play with me when you get back here?

    Oh and C's parent;s house looks great for Christmas. I'm glad you had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments feed my blog. I hungry.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...