Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Balding Buffy


Poor Buffy has been in bad shape for a couple of months. You may remember how she almost became chicken dinner to some wild animal (click here if you need reminding). Then she had chicken cellulitis. She lost weight and was looking pretty sad when I left her to go to D.C. While I was gone, my mom and dad looked after her. Not wanting me to worry, they did not tell me that she stuck her head in her heat lamp and singed the feathers off the back of her head. You can imagine my horror when I got back in town and saw Buffy looking like a baby vulture. 

I am happy to report that Buffy has been acting healthier and has even started to grow new feathers on the back of her head. 

I am also happy to report that Buffy is moving to Maryland with me. When I fly back in a few weeks, she is coming with me. Our new apartment has an awesome patio with plenty of room for a little bird like Buffy. I also want to hang bird feeders and maybe even a birdhouse so we can have plenty of feathered friends at our porch. 

1 comment:

Your comments feed my blog. I hungry.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...