Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The art of the UFO (unfinished object)

It takes a certain kind of person to master the art of UFO's (unfinished objects, for those of you who actually finish what you start.) I seem to be better at creating UFO's than I am at accomplishing anything. 

This quilt, for example, started in February of 2009.

I bought this beautiful Moda fabric determined to not follow any quilt pattern, but to make up my own.

I started by making half-square triangles, which led to my favorite block: the pinwheel.

Just a couple of weeks ago a finished piecing all the pinwheels together. (Thanks to my mom, who encouraged me and pressed seams while I sewed.)

Now I need to add two sets of borders and piece the backing. I will finish you!

Look at my new present! An early birthday present from my mom, since geography now makes it difficult for me to pilfer her fabric stash and use her gear. Hopefully this new sewing machine will motivate me to finish my UFO's.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely quilt. I have always wanted to make a quilt but have no idea how to even start. Good for you for determining to finish it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments feed my blog. I hungry.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...