Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Baby turtles!

This story is so last week, but I better tell you anyway.

I went on my daily walk around my lake. Did I mention I live on a lake? That means I basically own it. Anyway, I was walking around my lake when I saw two little turtles sunning on a branch. This being my first turtle encounter in Maryland, I was very excited. I stepped closer to discover two adult turtles nearby.  Later on my walk, I found two more turtles, bringing my turtle-sighting count up from zero to six in one day. Since then, I have seen the larger turtles (snappers, to be exact) swimming around the lake, but they don't come out when the great blue heron is here.

Yay turtles!

Since my phone's camera doesn't have a zoom feature, you'll have to squint to see the baby turtle in the center of the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments feed my blog. I hungry.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...