Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The pancreatitis continues

I am finally home from the hospital - for now. I stayed eleven nights and twelve days. My doctor didn't come through on his promise to release me long enough to welcome Ryan home; I was not stable enough for that to happen. So poor Ryan, after a long day of travel, had to come to the hospital to see me and to get a key to an apartment he had never seen.

As I previously mentioned, my dad flew into town to be with me in the hospital. His presence was much appreciated. He gave me a little Easter bunny named Hopkins, rubbed lotion on my feet, watched me puke and generally took good care of me.

Next Tuesday I will have an endoscopic ultrasound and celiac plexus nerve block. The Tuesday after that, I will meet with doctors at Hopkins' Pancreatitis Clinic. I am possibly a candidate for some major surgical options, so we have a lot to think about.


3 comments:

  1. We've been praying and thinking about you and will continue to do so... keep us updated! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Amy. We will pray for you. Keep your spirits up. I'm so glad Ryan is back with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Amy. I am just so sorry! I am praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments feed my blog. I hungry.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...