Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Treatment of pancreatitis

This YouTube video features my doctor, Vikesh Singh, discussing treatment options for patients with chronic pancreatitis.

I have had several Celiac Plexus Blocks, which he discusses at 1:57. Unfortunately, those blocks have become less and less effective; the past three blocks hardly seemed to have worked at all.

At 2:12, Dr. Singh speaks of the total pancreatectomy with auto Islet cell transplantation. I am considering this option as my next step in treating my pancreatitis. It is not an easy decision, especially because the outcome of the surgery is not clear-cut.



This second video further examines the aforementioned surgery total pancreatectomy with pancreatic auto Islet transplantation. This is the operation I am thinking about having done.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments feed my blog. I hungry.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...