Friday, June 8, 2012

So popular with the animals

I'm going to brag a little bit by telling you I am quite popular with the animals here in Maryland. I seem to have some ethereal X-factor which draws animals to me. I love animals, so the more I get to interact with them, the better!

Click here to see my first listing of animal sightings from my porch windows. (I have a great view out the back windows of my apartment.) Here is my list of additional birds I have seen from my apartment, as well as mentions of a few other creatures.

  • European Starling
  • Killdeer
  • Gold House Finch
  • Purple Finch
  • Great Egret
  • Osprey
  • Woodpecker (unidentified variety)
  • Red-Breasted Nut Hatch
  • Cormorant

Other fun animal encounters:
  • Gopher
  • Snapping turtle rescue
  • Red Eared Slider (turtle) on my porch
  • Albino Squirrel
A Red Eared Slider came to my porch for a visit.

Through the binocular lens: a Great Blue Heron fishes in the pond.

Ducks come daily for the food and water I put out for them.

Through the binocular lens: a cormorant fishes in the pond.

1 comment:

  1. awesome. paul and I are very into bird watching right now. I think it's fun to identify the ones I see!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments feed my blog. I hungry.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...