Saturday, February 2, 2013

HIghlights of January

I am pleased to report that for the month of January, 2013 I completely avoided the hospital! I am still on TPN, which means I am fed intravenously through a PICC line, which is like a semi-permanent IV going into my heart. My home health nurse comes once a week to draw blood and perform a sterile dressing change. Ryan gets my TPN ready everyday and I connect for 12 hours each night.

I am also starting to eat real food again, mostly english muffins (no butter yet), egg whites, crackers and an occasional wild berry smoothie from McDonalds (my current favorite treat!). The goal is to slowly get back to eating while keeping my pain managed. The advancement is much slower than I thought it would be, but I'm so happy to be able to eat a few things that I can't complain much. My biggest complaint is that the TPN keeps me awake most nights. My sleep schedule is so messed up right now.

A few things have kept me entertained this past month, especially:

Tarder Sauce the Grumpy Cat
I just can't get enough of him.



The West Wing
I finally finished the TV series The West Wing. I started watching the show in the beginning of 2012, but I took a break from the show during all my hospitalizations since it was too difficult to get the DVDs from the library. However, Netflix recently added the show to its Instant Play, so it was easy for me to finish seasons 5, 6 and 7 in just a few weeks. CJ is my favorite character. 

Puzzles
I am actually well enough to sit up at the kitchen table, so I have been working on jigsaw puzzles. It has been a long time since I have been able to sit up, so I have been enjoying my puzzle time.

Downton Abbey
I made an executive decision to not watch pirated episodes of Downton Abbey before its American release a few weeks ago. Therefore, Monday mornings have become my favorite part of the week because that is when new episodes are released online. I have blogged about it before, but I must tell you again: I love the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments feed my blog. I hungry.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...