Monday, August 19, 2013

What I've been listening to

I am going through a phase of Augmented Media Frenzy. If you have never heard of this term before, don't be alarmed; I just made it up.

I am a voracious reader, but lately the library just can't keep up with me. I've given myself a music makeover by ordering new music and by creating new playlists. I also have been listening to Podcasts and iTunes U lectures.

Tonight I was particularly amused by episode 470 of This American Life. The second act narrates an epistolary relationship between Gregor Samsa (the main character in Kafka's The Metamorphosis) and Dr. Seuss. The concerned doctor of rhyme writes:

Remember when tempted to heap self-reproach
that he who formed lilies created the roach. 

The story was written by David Rakoff and Jonathan Goldstein. You can listen to the full episode here.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Definitely not smarter. I just have three fewer children than you, which means I have more free time. :)

      Delete

Your comments feed my blog. I hungry.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...